Re: libftdi work with libusb

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 03:14:54AM +0400, Dima Veselov wrote:
> Hello!
> There is some library - libftdi to make FTDI chips accessible through
> bitbang protocol.
> I've tried to port libftdi to NetBSD pkgsrc tree. I've managed to build
> it without any warning, but it doesn't see any USB FTDI devices connected
> and I think it happens because uftdi driver is loaded into kernel.
> Do I properly understand that ftdi library tries to access usb through
> libusb, and kernel behaviour supress this?

What you want to do is to force the device to attach as a ugen(4) vs.
a uftdi(4).  See for example the first message in thread below, where
the same idea is applied to force a ugen(4) instead of a uhid(4):

> If so - is there a way to turn it off without rebuilding kernel?

No, not at this point.

  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|