trouble about terminal type when experiencing the process of installing netbsd

Hi, there.
I'm new to netbsd.

For experiencing the process of netbsd's installation, I installed netbsd in vmware without sysinst. after it can boot, I found arrow key up, down, left, right didn't work. It just show ^[[A^[[B^[[D^[[C
how can I make it work?
Or would anyone tell me what happened during the install process?
Thanks

this is what I have done:
(boot from cdrom and exit install system)
fdisk -u wd0: 0 became netbsd
fdisk -a wd0: make 0 active
fdisk -B wd0
disklabel -i wd0: wd0a became ffsv2 (512mb) and wd0b became swap (128mb)
newfs -O 2 /dev/wd0a
mkdir /mnt/c
mkdir /mnt/h
mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt/c
mount /dev/wd0a /mnt/h
export sd=/mnt/c/i386/binary/sets
tar zxf $sd/base.tgz
tar zxf $sd/kern-GENERIC.tgz
tar zxf $sd/etc.tgz
reboot
(boot from cdrom and exit install system)
cd /usr/mdec
cp boot /mnt
installboot /dev/wd0a bootxx_ffsv2
mount /dev/wd0a /mnt
cd /mnt/dev
./MAKEDEV all
echo /dev/wd0a / ffs rw 0 1 > /mnt/etc/fstab
ed /mnt/etc/rc.conf (rc_configured=NO is changed to rc_configured=YES)
reboot
(boot from harddisk, login as root)
chmod o+s /usr/bin/su

I think the installation is nearly completed.

then I found arrow key up, right, left, down can't work correctly

Regards,
LeiMing