5.0RC3 irritating sysinst complaints

Hi,

yesterday, I have tried to install 5.0RC3 on i386. As I did not yet
have the sets locally, I had selected "ftp" and left the default
configuration (path on the ftp server) unmodified.

It turned out that this default was not correct: it contained a path
component of "NetBSD-5.0RC3" (or similar) where it should have
specified "netbsd-5-0-RC3/some_date", but this is not the main topic
of my post.

Of course, sysinst was not able to download the sets from that wrong
location and complained. I then corrected the path and
downloading/extraction went on smoothly.

But after extracting all the sets, sysinst complained that the
installation had been aborted due to errors but also said that 14 out
of 14 sets were extracted without errors. Unfortunately I did not log
the installation process, but I believe that there had been no errors
(neither download nor extraction nor media related).

I suspect that sysinst remembers that there had been this "wrong path"
error before the second attempt of the installation. Shouldn't this
error flag be reset?

Kind regards
Ingolf