Re: pkg_delete dumps core on amd64 linux

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:25:43 +0300
Alexey Lebedev <realzhtw%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm using pkgsrc on my amd64 laptop under ubuntu linux.
> But recently I found that when I try to pkg_delete anything it dumps
> core:
>
> root@ikemefuna:~# pkg_delete /var/db/pkg/cairo-1.6.4nb2
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Did anybody encounter that problem?

I've had this happen in the past on NetBSD.  Sometimes, it's due to a
corrupted file in /var/db/pkg/*.  Once, I had it when there was some
change in thread compatibility -- I really needed to delete certain
packages (like Perl) before upgrading, rather than after.

> Alexey Lebedev.
>
> P. S. By the way although it says it dumped memory to the core file I
> couldn't find it. Usually when other programs die the core file is
> stored normally in their current dir. But in case of pkg_delete I
> can't find it.

Perhaps under /var/db/pkg?