Italic display in less

I'm working primarily in the console, with wsvt25 as my term, using tcsh as my
shell, and less as my pager. The problem I am having is that when I view
manpages, those words that are meant to be ITALIC come out as reversed video
with a brown background. This is annoying, but tolerable when the foreground is
white. But, I have my wscons foreground set to green (background is black), and
green text on a brown background is very hard for me to read.

How do I alter this behavior (maybe normal text that is brown foreground for
italics)?

--
Christopher Berardi
http://www.natoufa.com/

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10)