Re: WLAN power save on NetBSD?

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:32:09AM +0100, David Wetzel wrote:

> I guess standard means cheapest. Do they support 802.11e ?
>
> http://www.wi-fi.org/white_papers/whitepaper-120505-wmmpowersave/

I just did `ifconfig ath0 wme' on my FreeBSD 7.0 AP and my Nokia E71
(powersave enabled/disabled) was no longer able to establish a
connection.  WME/WMM, however, seems to be much more then just about
powersave, so it's possible that I missed some additional options.

With powersave enabled I run into the same kind of problems you
described in your OP. powersave disabled OTOH kills the battery of my
E71 and makes it uncomfortably hot.

   Petar Bogdanovic