Re: printing from java app

Thanks for the tip.  Here's what I found in one of the processes when
trying to open the /dev/lpt0 port in the java app:
                        .
                        .
                        .
 16935      1 java     CALL  gettimeofday(0xb65fee18,0)
 16935      1 java     RET   gettimeofday 0
 16935      1 java     PSIG  SIGSEGV caught handler=0xbbb9ef20
mask=(3,33): code=SEGV_MAPERR, addr=0x4, trap=14)
 16935      1 java     CALL  rt_sigreturn(0xb65fef40)
 16935      1 java     RET   rt_sigreturn -1 errno -2 No such file or
directory
 16935      1 java     CALL  write(2,0xb65fcd9c,0x39)
 16935      1 java     GIO   fd 2 wrote 57 bytes
       "jpos.JposException: Can not open the communications port."
 16935      1 java     RET   write 57/0x39
 16935      1 java     CALL  write(2,0xb65fcdcc,1)
 16935      1 java     GIO   fd 2 wrote 1 bytes
                        .
                        .
                        .

I'm running the java app as root so permissions shouldn't be an issue.
It seems the app thinks the port doesn't exist or it thinks the printer
is not attached to the port . . .?  This java application works fine
with the printer on an OpenSUSE box, so I know it's not a problem with
the java app.

Jeremy