Re: OpenSolaris hg clone fails for me

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:53:03 +0000 (UTC)
christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> In article <20090322195909.653c88bd@michael>,
> Michael Smith  <smithm%netapps.com.au@localhost> wrote:
> >-=-=-=-=-=-
> >
> >On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:13:14 +0900
> >Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >> I get following error on NetBSD/amd64 5.99.5 + Mercurial 1.1.2.  I'm
> >> curious
> >> if this works for your environment...
> >>
> >> % hg clone ssh://anon%hg.opensolaris.org@localhost/hg/onnv/onnv-gate
> >> destination directory: onnv-gate
> >> requesting all changes
> >> adding changesets
> >> adding manifests
> >> transaction abort!
> >> rollback completed
> >> abort: premature EOF reading chunk (got 607178 bytes, expected 2766212)
> >> remote: Read from remote host hg.opensolaris.org: Connection reset by peer
> >
> >Works for me with:
> >
> >NetBSD 4.0_RC3 hg  0.9.3
> >
> >It looked to be working on another system (NetBSD 4.0.1/hg 1.0.2) but I
> >stopped that because hg.opensolaris.org was sending data slowly and I
> >didn't want to cause more problems by doing two downloads as once.
> >
> >But it is slow going. I wonder if the line into hg.opensolaris.org is
> >up to the task.
>
> There are bugs in the Solaris hg side with 64 bit timestamps. I managed
> to corrupt it, committing from the latest NetBSD+Mercurial. Fetching though
> has always worked for me.

On my NetBSD 4.0_RC3 machine I upgraded to hg 1.2.1
I am using Python 2.5.2 from pkgsrc.

I cloned a new repository from hg.opensolaris.org. I added a new file and
comitted it. I didn't see any problems. Can you tell me what steps you followed
to corrupt the repository? I would like to file a bug with the mercurial
project for this if it can be shown to be reproducable.
--
Michael Smith
Network Applications