setting system clock-rate

Hi All,

I have installed netbsd 4.0.1 on an old PC (pentium III, 1 Ghz).

Due to some reason (probably hardware I guess), the system-clock runs
about 3 % to fast. The RTV-clock is correct, but the system-clock goes 1
to 2 seconds more in advance every minute.

The time-difference is that large, that ntpd is unable to sync.

Using debian and "adjtimex", I managed to get the "tick" and
"frequency"-values to correct this:
tick: 9738, frequency: -1503002

So, how do I configure netbsd to change the system clock-rate. "sysctl
-w kern.clockrate=9738" doesn't work as that value seams to be read-only.

I tried using ntp with copying the value in the driftfile to netbsd
(-22.934), but that doesn't work neither. (doesn't ntpd use that value
to set the system-clock rate?)

Anybody any idea?

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

--