Upgrading kernel problem

I have a version of NetBSD 4.0.1 on an old Gateway Intel PIII machine. Video, ethernet, and audio are all Intel drivers. I've followed the procedure on the website to build a new kernel and I've pulled the source from current, (cvs checkout -A -P src). I've build userland with the "build.sh" script and I'm trying to build a new MYKERNEL with my own modified GENERIC. At the point that the script tries to link all the object files I get this error:

#       link  MYKERNEL/netbsd
ld -Map netbsd.map --cref -T /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/kern.ldscript -Ttextc0100000 -e start -X -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} ${EXTRA_OBJ) vers.o
auich.o: In function `auich_finish_attach`:
auich.c:(.text+0x19a7): undefined reference to `audio_attach_mi`
pad.o: In function `pad attach`:
pad.c:(.text+0x29d): undefined reference to `audio_attach_mi`
***Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/MYKERNEL

This appears to be some problem with an audio driver, but I got no warning messages about orphaned drivers. Any ideas?