Re: Questions to the Desktop NetBSD project

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Zbigniew Baniewski <zb%ispid.com.pl@localhost>
wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 12:04:37PM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
>
>> 4. Will there be a graphical interface to pkgsrc?
>
> And what do you think about a bit bolder move?
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/pkgsrc-interviews.html#gobo-linux

Ahh, that's way outa my league to discuss. I've dealt with a "million"
package managers from all forms of un*x and I really think that for
NetBSD, pkgsrc is or can be fine. If there's some better way to manage
packages (this gobo thing is interesting but a whole 'nother thing to
learn), I'll leave it up to people who can make a good argument for
it.

pkgsrc has it's quirks, but they all do. I'm fine with it.

Andy