Questions to the Desktop NetBSD project

I'm hoping to start a thread for questions to the Desktop NetBSD
project for those of us who have been around a while and want to know
more.

1. Is this going to be it's own separate installation CD/DVD? Will the
current installation method continue to exist on platforms supported
by Desktop NetBSD?

2. Is one of the design goals to be able to support more than the most
common platforms? It's not clear to me by reading the Desktop NetBSD
wiki.

3. What rationale was used to determine that Gnome should be used
instead of something else? I'm not a fan of Gnome, but I think this
isn't important. Maybe some of us can come up with a procedure to
switch the desktop after the initial quick install that the Desktop
NetBSD project will provide.

4. Will there be a graphical interface to pkgsrc?

5. Is it possible to base this installer on the "live cd" concept so
that one can start with a minimally useable system while the install
is working? It would also be a great way to repair a system, the
command line tools in the sysinst program can be cumbersome.

Thanks.

Andy