Re: Two NetBSDs: from Desktop NetBSD needs your help

On 2009-02-07, Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
>  The goal here is to make it easier to install a modern desktop if you want
> one. Why does that bother you? Just say no when the installer asks you and
> carry on with your life.
>
>  Now lets get back on track and discuss how you can help, or keep your
> whinging about the merits of the project to yourself.

I have no objection in principle to a new-desktop-user mode for the
installer, and would be happy to share my experience as a relatively
inexperienced NetBSD user if it could be helpful.  What I was worried
about was the "split" (and the direction the desktop branch could take
afterwards).  Sorry if I did not make this point clearly enough in my

Pouya D. Tafti