3Com Megahertz 3CCFEM556 B

Hello,
  I have a 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN+56K Modem PC card (model# 3CCFEM556 B)
on Toshiba Satellite (205CDS) running nBSD 4.0.1. After checking the
supported hardware page, I still ended up getting a card that wasn't on the
list (stupid). Anyway, now that I have it, how do I get it to work? From the
research I've done there was chatter about getting it to work, but involved
patches for earlier versions of nBSD.  So, before I attempt those
suggestions, I was wonder what might be said about that card and 4.0.1.

The card is recognized at boot (ep0), but the machine fails to complete boot
when the card is in the bus. It hangs after the line that says

pcmcia0: card irq 9

When I stick it in after the machine is up, it's recognized, but says that
the Interface is disabled and it couldn't configure controller. Also, the
machine continues to run (i.e., it doesn't hang/panic).

If you really need a dmesg, I'll try harder to get one.

Thanks!

--
www.nealhogan.net