Re: Slow NFS

On Tue 27 Jan 2009 at 19:05:17 +0000, raymond.meyer%rambler.ru@localhost wrote:
> or longer to appear on the screen. Something is very wrong with this. Any
> ideas what it might be?

Can you look at the number of retries by the client and the number of
re-done requests by the server? (nfsstat -c RPC Info: retries and
nfsstat -s Server Cache Stats: idem(potent), I think). What seems to be
happening for me is that since NetBSD 4.0 or so, my client times out on
lots of requests and sends them again, making the server do them twice,
and the result is very slow and sometimes hangs for a while. I'm
wondering if you see the same.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.