Re: Colors in XTerm

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, elijah rutschman wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am running NetBSD 4.0 on a MobilePro 780 and am having trouble
getting colors working in XTerms; they are all black text on a white
Does anyone notice something missing?  Does anyone know if what I want
to do is unsupported in the 4.0 hpcmips port's default XTerm?

that sounds like a very small machine (not much memory and/or limited display). Does the background have color? (I'd suppose so), but it's
also possible that the color map is limited, and other apps took enough
that xterm gives up on colors.

Thomas E. Dickey