Re: X11forwarding = yes, but nothing appears

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:03:30AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Make sure you can run xdpyinfo on the windows machine first.  If not,
> get help from Xming people.
>
> Use verbose option to ssh and explicitly request forwarding on the
> client.  I don't use windows so am not familiar with putty.
>
> You should not be setting DISPLAY at all on the server.  Make sure your
> dotfiles don't set or unset it.  If it's not set, sshd didn't set up x11
> forwarding.

Did you enable X11 tunneling in Putty for the connection? It isn't
turned on by default. I suspect you didn't because it usually would
use a different display than :0. If you do it correctly, the DISPLAY
variable should be set for you in the xterm on the NetBSD box
automatically.

--
markov%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost