Using Intel PRO/1000 PL under netbsd on a Thinkpad T60

I just installed 4.0, coexisting with windows XP on a Thinkpad T60. I am now
trying to get networking up and running. According to "Network Connections" on
the XP side, This model features an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wireless
networking card and Intel PRO/1000 PL ethernet card. Both work fine under XP.

On the NetBSD side, I understand that the 3945ABG is supported with the wpi
driver and the Intel 1000 family is supported by the wm driver.  But the output
of dmesg says nothing about wm or finding a PRO/1000 network card.  The 3945ABG
is recognized fine, even though I have not actually downloaded the firmware
yet.

The output of ifconfig does not show wmX, only wpi0 and lo0.  What I want to do
is use my ethernet connection and not my wireless connection when I do not have
a wireless connection available.  So here are my questions:

- shouldn't netbsd have automatically detected my ethernet port with `wm'?
- How can I get Netbsd to detect the PRO/1000 PL?

Thanks,
Gerald