Re: opinions on CMSs (Drupal, Joomla, Mambo etc)

Salut, Cem,

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:43:42 +0300, Cem Kayali wrote:
> Even though you choose a well community maintained project, including
> Joomla, Mambo etc, you need to apply many security fixes in single
> year. Just check security holes and fixes of any of them, visit their
> sites.

Joomla, Mambo etc. certainly don't constitute an adequately maintained
and audited project. Read up on what I said about PHP.

> If you find a "(very) good" coder, you will probably end up with very
> good software. In this case, coder is important, be carefull.

In my experience you have to apply just as many fixes, except that
you're the only one to learn them from, being the only user of the
software. Thus I really don't see the point in starting a new project,
unless you have too many ressources and want to bind them doing
something stupid millions of people did before you.

Also, in my experience, most of the "own creations" by "verrry good
coders" tend to be nightmares. I would strongly advise against starting
such a project just because the PHP front is broken.

                                Tonnerre