Re: opinions on djbdns

Perry E. Metzger(perry%piermont.com@localhost) said 2008.08.11 08:46:25 +0000:
> djbdns doesn't do TSIG (which is crucial for authenticated dynamic
> update and for authenticated zone transfers), doesn't do DNSSEC, and
> doesn't support IPv6.

I run djbdns for my domain (backed up by two rented dns caches) and it has
served me very well. No hassle very easy to configure, and it does serve
IPv6 in the form of AAAA records.
DNS transfers are done with axfrdns, which works very well, even if the
other end run bind.

> It is a non-starter from my point of view.

From my experiences so far, BIND is a complete non-starter from my point of
view. djbdns all the way.

> Perry
        --Wouter