Re: Panic on NetBSD 4 STABLE, possibly wm related

Giles Lean wrote:
Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

I was just wondering if there are any known issues with the wm driver
on 4.0-STABLE, amd64, SMP?

Well ... I have had 4.0_STABLE/i386 (not SMP) panic when I
enabled jumbo frames on wm0.  I was making a bunch of hardware
changes at the time and running with a GENERIC kernel for
which I hadn't disabled ddb and awkward console access, so I
don't have crash dumps or even stack traces.

Because of all the other changes I was making I didn't know
what was at fault, but the other changes are still present and
running wm0 without jumbo frames my system is stable.  (My
memory says the panics were in virtual memory code, not the wm
driver itself, for whatever that's worth.)

I plan to rebuild 4.0_STABLE and retest, but I've been as so
often overrun by other projects and "if it ain't broke, don't
fix it" inertia, so no promises. :-(

Giles

Hi Giles,

Am I correct in thinking enabling jumbo frames is just a case of setting the MTU to 4000 odd? I was doing that. I actually disabled all of the hardware checksum stuff and set the MTU back to 1500 last night.

Hopefully that might fix it then :)

Thanks for your reply!

--
Mark Cullen <mark.r.cullen%gmail.com@localhost>