Re: [4.0] xcdroast binary package crash when french localized

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:37:44 -0400,
Greg Troxel <> wrote:

> I would suggest building xcdroast from source (not pkgsrc) and seeing
> if the bugs are still present.  One of the difficult issues with
> pkgsrc is where to file bugs - if the bug is upstream, it's
> appropriate to file there rather than in pkgsrc.  But given that this
> is interacting with libintl it is hard to tell what is wrong.

I am using xcdroast (0.98+0alpha15-11.1) in GNU/Linux Debian 4.0 Etch
whitch works without these problems.

History of this Debian package here:

Since Fri, 28 Apr 2006 and 0.98+0alpha15-4, Debian is applying the
upstream gtk2locale.patch that is available here from xcdroast offical

From history of the NetBSD package:
It seems to me that NetBSD is not applying gtk2locale patch?
I suppose this might fix the bugs.

I have filed two PR:
 pkg/39183 french accents not correctly displayed in xcdroast
 pkg/39184 french localized xcdroast crashes when entering setup