Re: Xorg packages for NetBSD 4.0 i386

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Pierrick Brossin wrote:

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
4.0 release is a bit old. The Xorg system is very complex (many dependencies). Its probably not worth having the discussion.

It's a bit old ? Huh. That's an odd answer since that's the latest release according to netbsd.org

In the time between the release tag an the formal announcement, -rnetbsd-4 can change significantly, and Pkgsrc is developed asynchronously from releases.

-rnetbsd-4-0, however, may be candidate for packages.

I generally consider the xorg/xfree migration/support still beta. There's a lot of list chatter and wiki content on X11_TYPE=modular

Do you want me to build you some packages? :)

~BAS

Pierrick