PCL/PostScript printers

Hi,

I had a miserable time trying to get a USB connected HP LaserJet to work
correctly, and I thought it might be worthwhile to share what worked in the
end. From what I can tell most PCL/PS printers seem to understand PJL, so
with tweaks it should work for other products.

This printer wouldn't print the last page of jobs, or would accept only one
job and give up until power-cycled. After much playing around with foomatic
and other print filters the below made it work for me.

Andrew

== printcap

lp|local line printer:\

:mx#0:sh:rw:lp=/dev/ulpn0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :if=/local/bin/filter.sh:

== /local/bin/filter.sh

#!/bin/sh
printf "\033%%-12345X@PJL\x0d\x0a"