Re: xorg: normal user 'startx' command causes black blank screen --- fixed

> I have just noticed that i have Xorg.0.log and XFree86.0.log files under
> /var/log directory. Somehow, startx command of normal user callls
> /usr/X11R6/X -> XFree86 while startx command of root calls
> /usr/pkg/bin/X -> Xorg.
>
> I have just modified the symlink /usr/X11R6/X, linked it to
> /usr/pkg/bin/X and problem has been fixed.

I have same problem.

I provided some fixes and the main fixes in startx script should all be
fixed upstream and available in latest (or recent) xinit source tarball.

pkgsrc also needs to be configured with:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-xinit=${PREFIX}/bin/xinit

(I think that is it, my laptop where I have same problem is turned off.)

Package freeze is starting or has started -- so need to okay this.

I have added pkgsrc-users to this email.