Looking for wiconfig quality/signal/noise values explanations

Hello,

Could anyone give me detailed information about the "Comms
quality/signal/noise" values given by `wiconfig` ?
I looked into the man and in the source code but couldn't find anything.

What are the units used ? dBm, %, ...
What are the minimum/maximum expected, if those value aren't % values ?

I get around 0/70/0 with my Eee PC and would like to know how to interpret
this as my Mac Mini, sitting on the other side of my desk, shows a 3 bars
wifi icon (out of 4) and a signal level of 6 over 15.

TIA,
  Jo