postmap not working?

Dear all,

I cannot send e-mails to the outer world. WITHIN my NetBSD 4.0 it works fine
(between moi and root).

I am behind a dormitory network, so I call my net my.little.network. I have a
"real" e-mail address me%someprovider.net.@localhost

I have a listing in /etc/postfix/generic, which says:
me%my.little.network@localhost me%someprovider.net@localhost

and I did afterwards postmap /etc/postfix/generic - in /etc/postfix/main.cf
there is also the line:
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

Now, when I try to send out an e-mail to the outer world, my sender is STILL
"me%my.little.network@localhost", which my provider does not accept. How can I
make my sender be "me%someprovider.net@localhost"?

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.