postmap not working?

Dear all,

I cannot send e-mails to the outer world. WITHIN my NetBSD 4.0 it works fine
(between moi and root).

I am behind a dormitory network, so I call my net I have a
"real" e-mail address

I have a listing in /etc/postfix/generic, which says:

and I did afterwards postmap /etc/postfix/generic - in /etc/postfix/
there is also the line:
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

Now, when I try to send out an e-mail to the outer world, my sender is STILL
"", which my provider does not accept. How can I
make my sender be ""?

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,