Re: carp fail over

Thanks again,

However, a quick test verifies that arpbalnce is not the culprit.

As for the MASTER/BACKUP labels.
If I just pull the plug it the MASTER stays MASTER and the BACKUP goes to
BACKUP.
It recovers when I put the cable back.
But only on the single carp interface.

If I do a
  # ifconfig carp2 down
The master goes to INIT and the BACKUP goes to MASTER.
And recovers with
  # ifconfig carp2 up
But only on the single carp interface.

This is on a 4.0 system.