Date: Sun May 04 04:41:52 PDT 2008
From: Jonathan Schleifer <js%webkeks.org@localhost>
To: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Using swap though there's plenty of mem free
---

Even after tweakig vm.filemax now:

Memory: 171M Act, 90M Inact, 2120K Wired, 22M Exec, 23M File, 63M Free Swap:
257M Total, 63M Used, 194M Free

63 MB RAM unused. Not even for file cache. And still 63 MB swapped out? Why the
hell that? I can understand that file cache is kept and instead pages swapped
out, but in this case? There's really no reason for that kind of behaviour!