SiI 3512 PCI RAID card

Folks,

My SiI 3512 RAID PCI addon card has a JP pin installed beside
serial EEPROM? and reseating in another position makes the
following changes;

- booting PC BIOS doesn't show RAID configuration menu
  anymore,
- PCI register 0x08 and 0x2c have such the differences as;

register    0x08        0x2c
case.1    0x01800001    0x35121095
case.2    0x01040001    0x65121095

My speculation is the JP is the mode switch between RAID and
2 port SATA JBOD and a general feature across a variety of
3512 products in market.  Conformation?  Sorry in advance if
this is the well known feature.

Toru Nishimura / ALKYL Technology