Re: openvpn bridge using NetBSD 4.0(i86) and XP?

Stephen Borrill wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Carl Brewer wrote:
I'm looking to hook up a VOIP phone from a client's home to their work, at home they have a PC running XP hooked up to a generic DSL router doing NAT, and their work system has NetBSD 4.0 (i386) as their network gateway (also NAT'ing) and the PBX is inside their network. The easiest way to do this that I can see is to use OpenVPN as an ethernet bridge, SIP's a terrible protocol to pass through firewalls etc, and I figure the simplest way (if not necessarily the most efficient) will be to bridge the network.
[snip]

Not quite what you are asking, but I've had no problems at all with using OpenVPN in routing (i.e. tun) mode to do exactly this. I've even gone as far as making client to client calls.

I don't have access to the PBX to change its routing tables etc, so L2 is the simplest way to set it up I think. although, would you consider posting your configs for the list/posterity?

Thankyou

Carl