Re: NIC timeouts since upgrade to 4.0

On Sat 22 Mar 2008 at 17:15:32 +0100, Frederik Sausmikat wrote:
> a while ago I did a fresh install of NetBSD 4.0 and since then my
> network interfaces stopped working properly. I have two cards installed

I have encountered something like that. What happens in my case is
that the machine obtains an IP adress via DHCP, which works, and then
when it mounts a bunch of NFS disk, it starts complaining that the NFS
servers are down. It usually takes a while before it recovers, and in
the mean time the machine is pingable so the NIC isn't really down.
It mutters something about "interrupt moderation is 1000 us".

The machine previously had NetBSD/amd64 2.0.2, now it has NetBSD/amd64 4.0.
The NIC in question is a skc/sk with makphy. In fact this, and the
machine's chipset are very similar, if not identical, to my machine at
home, where I don't see anything like this (but then again it isn't
really an NFS client, and the motherboards are different brands). And
the interrupt moderation is 0 us.

I can't include a dmesg right now because the machine is turned off.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.