Rebuilding perl 5.8.8 with threads? What to expect?

Hi!

Up to now, on my NetBSD 3.1 system, I had perl built with "-threads" ... but I need to compile p5-GD which insists on having perl supporting threads... so I should rebuild perl with "threads" instead of "-threads". I'm considering just going to /usr/pkgsrc/*/perl5 and make clean;make update with /etc/mk.conf containing the "PKG.OPTIONS.perl = threads" line instead of "PKG.OPTIONS.perl = -threads"...

Will that be enough? Will that break anything? What else do I need to take into account?

Thanks in advance,
Gilles.