Re: installing beyond 1024 cyl

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:22:09AM +0100, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> > Some archs/boot loaders rely on 'a' starting at the start of the NetBSD
> >  part of the disk (or used to do so) - what arch/version are you trying?
> I'm using i386.

What kind of machine is this? How old is it?

I've booted a NetBSD partition which was located behind a 32GB Windows
XP partition without problems on one of my PCs in the past. But that was
a machine with 2006 motherboard that came with a BIOS which provides
support for reading cylinders past 1024.

        Kind regards

P.S. This really belongs to the "port-i386" mailing list.