Re: geting some file stat

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 09:57:45AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, George Georgalis wrote:
>
>> actually in my shell code the restore case was missing
>> quotes around the filename. This whole project is to
>> bootstrap an offisite (rsync) backup where there is most
>> of the files already but the uid/gid/mode are incorrect,
>> so if I miss setting a few files, that's okay, just need to
>> make most of them fixed to save bandwidth/time.
>
>What about just using mtree to create specification
>
>       mtree -c -k uid,gid,mode -p /path/to/  > my-mtree-spec
>
>and on other system to fix the ownership and modes (see -u and -U).

Thank you, I guess I just didn't know well
enough!  But also, this was a linux script,
don't think mtree is normally available
there. The script was familiar and save some
minor improvements, I just fixed the stat
command to work in NetBSD.

(Wish the NetBSD toolbox was everywhere, eg
the netbsd ksh is only available in NetBSD)

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><