NetBSD-Help archive

Re: pkg_rolling-replace -u: textproc/scrollkeeper failing

  From:  Huub <huubvanniekerk%gmail.com@localhost>
  Subject:  pkg_rolling-replace -u: textproc/scrollkeeper failing
  To: netbsd-help%netbsd.org@localhost
  Date:  Sun, 06 Jan 2008 08:30:10 +0100

  Hi,

  On my machine with AthlonXP CPU, I'm running "pkg_rolling-replace -u"
  and encounter this:

  RR> Selecting scrollkeeper (textproc/scrollkeeper) as next package to
  replace
  RR> Checking if scrollkeeper has new depends...
  make: don't know how to make show-depends. Stop
  make: don't know how to make show-depends. Stop
  RR> scrollkeeper has the following new depends (need to re-tsort):
  rr> [make0 stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/scrollkeeper]
  RR> Tsorting dependency graph
  RR> Selecting scrollkeeper (textproc/scrollkeeper) as next package to
  replace
  RR> Replacing scrollkeeper-0.3.14nb10
  make: don't know how to make clean. Stop

  make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/scrollkeeper
  *** 'make replace' failed for package scrollkeeper.
  *** Please read the errors listed above, fix the problem,
  *** then re-run pkg_rolling-replace to continue.

  As far as I know, scrollkeeper is necessary for Gnome, which I use, so
  I can't exclude it. What should be done to fix it?

pkg_rolling-replace is at this point usable only by people who
understand pkgsrc well enough to get over the various issues with
replacing individual packages.  When used with a system that is mostly
up to date, the amount of manual intervention needed is small.

In this case, scrollkeeper has been replaced by rarian.  Go to
textproc/rarian and do (as root) 'make replace package
OLDNAME=scrollkeeper' to replace scrollkeeper with rarian.  This change
is expresed in CHANGES but pkg_rolling-replace doesn't yet have code to
extract the change and do this step automatically.