NetBSD-Help archive

how can i boot netbsd in grub?

hi,
i installed netbsd on my i386 pc,but i can't boot it correctly.
the situation is,i has installed a windows xp on my computer,then the netbsd followed it,but i can't manage the boot of the two os by grub.

i have writted the menu.lst of grub as follow:

"title Windows at (hd0,0)
root (hd0,0)
chainloader +1

title netbsd 4.0--3
root (hd0,2)
kernel --type=netbsd /netbsd-elf
boot"

the netbsd is at partition (hd0,2) on my pc,but when i boot,it returns the follwing:

"cant't mount selected partition."

the manul of grub said the kernel may not be specified expected i want wo load a netbsd elf kernel,so i haved tried  the follwing:

"title netbsd 4.0--2
root (hd0,2)
kernel
boot"

and
"title netbsd 4.0
root (hd0,2)
kernel --type=netbsd
boot"

this time ,it returns "file name must be either an absolute pathname or blocklist".
i really don't know what's the problem.
something more,i had changged the "active partition" to the windows xp partition in the netbsd with "fdisk -a" in order to return to windows xp,maybe this has some effection?

can someone help me? i need you,thanks.

2008-01-06