NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: Tasks

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:34:51PM -0500, Rafal Boni wrote:
> Speaking of FF3, it would be wonderful if we could ship an 'official'
> FF3 build, so that it doesn't call itself minefield, show the 'help us
> debug trunk builds' start page, etc.  (If we're planning on shipping
> FF3 as part of the package... I think it's probably worth doing so for
> the familiar feeling).

If you build the firefox package from source yourself, you are free to
enable the "official-mozilla-branding" pkgsrc option to get the official
Firefox branding (name, logo, startup page).  However the binaries are
no longer redistributable then, that's why it's disabled by default.

See for more information.

To be able to distribute official ("unaltered") binaries, Mozilla must
approve all of our patches, and they haven't been responsive for years.

Geert Hendrickx  -=-  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F