[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Any takers for some of the existing tasks listed? Note that this mailing
list is moderated so do not hesitate to chime in. *
Packages / branding / combined distribution
- The ones with no legal concerns as noted on the wiki could be put into a
single meta package initially. The stuff that needs investigation could be
put into another package or merged into the original one incrementally.
- I can provide the prototype theme stuff this week-end if someone wants it.
It is only a starting point but it would be good to figure out how to
apply it to GNOME etc.
- One question is how we integrate it with pkgsrc. Does the packages simply
go into the meta-packages directory? Do we keep a private tree? Do we get
a NetBSD *system* specific directory in pkgsrc? Thought required. I bet
someone on packages@ can answer this and/or will be keen to help.
- I hear youtube works with mplayer and the ns-plugin-wrapper thing works too.
- Need to look into enabling line editing and tab completion by default in
sh/ksh. If someone can figure it out a good way to do this by default, I
will be happy to absorb any flamage and commit the changes.
- sysinst needs some basic mods, the most important batch would be add a
menu to select normal/expert install, and following from that to make the
install easy by asking as few questions a possible. It should be ok to run
the dynamically linked sysinst straight out the build directory on an
existing, running system and install onto another disk. Or it could easily
run in qemu. It's very easy to build sysinst and release CD images if
needed, if someone asks on the list I will write out the steps.
- Another part is getting X to autoconfigure. From my perspective this means
doing a bit of research, I don't know well enough what happens with it. Is
X -configure smart enough these days? Can we figure out how to set the
keyboard layout given what we ask in sysinst? Is it worth looking at what
Ubuntu/Fedora do? Anyone want to add the code to sysinst? Should be simple
What else needs doing?
* it means the kind of holy war seen elsewhere will not be allowed to kick
Main Index |
Thread Index |