NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: signup for Desktop tasks? and "ports"? and plugin detection

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Andrew Doran wrote:

initially I think we should focus on modern x86 hardware.

For a long time many of us have felt constrained because we have to support
every piece of junk floating around out there. I don't think we should let
this hold us back.

That concerns me because the whole philosophy behind the project is
"of course it runs NetBSD".  There's not much point using NetBSD as a
basis for a desktop project and then turning around and violating its
most basic tenet.

Anne.