NetBSD-Desktop archive

Re: bsdinstaller.org?

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Andrew Doran wrote:

I think that sysinst is actually pretty good these days.

Its problem is its user interface.  [...]
If we can cut down the number of questions that it asks to a
minimum then I'm not sure a GUI has much else to offer other than eye candy
(and a higher maintenence cost for us).

I agree.  The first question should probably be "easy or expert mode",
after which the expert mode should be the current installer, and the
easy mode should calculate appropriate defaults, make sure the user
really does want to overwrite the disk, and go.

Anne.