Re: Looking for TNF clang format config file

On Thu, Aug 15, 2024 at 01:43:00AM +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 22:56:19 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> > # newline before "{" except for functions
> > BreakBeforeBraces: WebKit
>
> The comment seems to contradict the value?  We use newline before "{"
> for functions, but not for control flow &c.

Yes, sorry, the comment is the exact opposite of what happens :)
 Thomas
# 80 characters line length
ColumnLimit: 80
# if comments get too long, fmt them.
ReflowComments: true
# default indentation level
IndentWidth: 8
# also for struct initializers
BracedInitializerIndentWidth: 8
# prefer using tabs to spaces when indenting
UseTab: ForContinuationAndIndentation
# indent 1 space more per #if-level
PPIndentWidth: 1
# and put the space after the hash but before the keyword (i.e., "# if")
IndentPPDirectives: AfterHash
# backslashes at end-of-line are aligned, but as far left as possible
AlignEscapedNewlines: Left
# not supported in clang-format 18, would include the last line (without backslash) in the offset consideration
#AlignEscapedNewlines: LeftWithLastLine
#
# if function arguments get too long, start new line indented by 4
AlignAfterOpenBracket: DontAlign
ContinuationIndentWidth: 4
# but keep first parameters on the first line
AllowAllParametersOfDeclarationOnNextLine: False
AllowAllArgumentsOnNextLine: false
# for struct's etc. use 8 characters indent as well
ConstructorInitializerIndentWidth: 8
# attach "{", except for functions
BreakBeforeBraces: WebKit
# for functions, add newline after return type
AlwaysBreakAfterReturnType: TopLevelDefinitions
# align structure elements to the right
AlignArrayOfStructures: Right