Re: new "compat" sets have really made sets harder to manage.

On Sun, Apr 14, 2024 at 07:41:04AM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> ie, there are just *two* entries for this file (the real file, and
> the debug file), and the rest is all derived from the "comaptfile"
> and "debug" tags.  the new ones has 30 copies, spread across a
> number of files, all that will need editing as future GCCs appear.
>
> this is compounded across dozens of other files so there are now
> hundreds or perhaps thousands of unnecessary duplicated lines, in
> a couple of dozen of files.
>
> can someone please fix this?  (nia is out for now, so maybe some
> other enterprising person can help :)

I've had some time to think about this and I'm a little bit torn.

The "old way" was to have every compat shared library tied to
a "host" shared library. This means that if the host platform
(e.g. sparc64) is built with support for dtrace and zfs, you
get dtrace and zfs 32-bit sparc shared libraries too. I think
we need a bit more granularity than that.

Maybe the answer is somewhere in-between, a shell script
for managing shared libraries in the set lists...