Call for testing VIA C7/Nano temperature (viac7temp(4)) driver using MSR

Hi,

I would like to call for testing the patch of viac7temp(4) driver:
https://www.netbsd.org/~andvar/viac7temp6.txt

Short story:
The changes aim to support VIA Nano and Zhaoxin CPUs, as well as
support more VIA C7 based CPUs. Expected result that it should show
temperature using `envstat' command and print to log temperature
acquired by current implementation (if available, otherwise will show
0).

It should support both i386 and amd64 (for Nano and above), but amd64
needs this line to be added to kernel configuration
(sys/arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC) before compiling the kernel:

viac7temp* at cpu? # VIA C7, Nano and Zhaoxin temperature sensor

The context:
Change is related to the implementation of the current driver, which
is based on CPUID instruction.
This method is documented at least in one publicly available datasheet
for C7-D CPUs.
Unfortunately, it seems that this method doesn't work for any VIA Nano
and above CPUs, also it doesn't work for my only C7-D sample.

The change implements reading the temperature from the specific MSR
(model-specific register), which depends on CPU model (one MSR for VIA
C7, another for VIA Nano and above).
MSRs are taken from Linux driver (drivers/hwmon/via-cputemp.c),
there's no documentation available describing them (or at least I
didn't find).
This method does seem to work for all CPUs (I tested on 5 systems,
using VIA C7-D, three different VIA Nano models and Zhaoxin KX-U6580).

I am interested, if someone has a working driver (showing CPU
temperature) with current driver. It would be great to compare if it
shows the same value in this case.

Otherwise, I would like confirmations that it works with your systems
(VIA C7(-D,-M, Eden counterparts), VIA Nano (inlcuding X2, QuadCore or
Eden).

I can provide either compiled module or kernel file for your
convenience if needed.

Thank you!

Regards,
Andrius V