Re: LinkQuotaExceeded

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 at 14:25, Simon Burge <simonb%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
>
> > I wonder if it is because of some limitation in the (ufs2) filesystem
> > the build is going on.
>
> UFS has a limit of 32767 links per file and this limit applies to the
> number of subdirectories a directory can have too.  Does
>
>   find . -links +30000
>
> find anything when you see the error?  This might get a lot of output if
> you really have files with many links, but will show just a single entry
> for a directory that has lots of subdirectories.

This probably is the reason indeed. Right now after cleaning the zig
cache directories and just building the compiler I have one directory
with more than 3000 links; when the tests are run, they get much more,
although I haven't checked the amount. I'll try again.

I might move the zig build directory to zfs for the sake of a try,
it's easy enough.

> Cheers,
> Simon.

Thanks,