Re: random lockups

On 19/10/23 02:12, Greg Troxel wrote:
I realize this could be a vast number of things, flaky power, bad power
supply, bad RAM, but it feels correlated with updating.   I think this
updated included a zfs actually-return-memory fix (which is very welcome
but epsilon scary).

Is anyone else seeing problems, especially new problems with netbsd-10?

Yes. A week or so ago I had a similar-ish sounding lockup on 10.99.10 compiled on Oct 7. I was building NetBSD releases with two -j8 builds jobs running concurrently on a Xeon E3 with four cores, hyperthreading and 32 GB of ECC memory.

In my case my two extant ssh sessions were still working, but I couldn't make new ssh sessions, "sync" hung one ssh session and the hung while running "shutdown".

I'm a little bit suspicious that I pushed ZFS a bit too hard. All of my source and object files are on ZFS on that system. That system is one of a number of Xeon E3 systems I built years ago that have been thoroughly reliable.

Cheers,
Lloyd