urndis and tethering on a Google Pixel 6 phone (or not)

Has anyone been able to tether using urndis on a Google Pixel 6?

It's not picked up automatically, and just as a test I added it(*) to
urndis_devs in sys/dev/usb/if_urndis.c, but it doesn't complete
autoconfig - I suspect it might need to be poked in some special way
to actually be an urndis, or else is now a new-new-linux-urndis2 thing

ugen2: Google (0x18d1) Pixel 6 (0x4ee1), rev 2.10/5.10, addr 5
acpibat0: normal capacity on 'charge state'
ugen2: detached
ugen2: at uhub4 port 1 (addr 5) disconnected
urndis0 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
urndis0: Google (0x18d1) Pixel 6 (0x4eeb), rev 2.10/5.10, addr 5
urndis0: STALLED
urndis0: init failed
autoconfiguration error: urndis0: unable to initialize hardware

(*) The phone attaches as multiple devices based on whether it's
trying to offer USB tether, combined with whether USB debug is
enabled.

David