Re: possible NFS trouble

David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 at 15:27, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> I did not try this build with the new computer under 9.
>>
>> It occurred to me that I need  to find a parallel filesystem exerciser
>> and try that, as simpler than the thunderbird build process.
>
> Might also be worth a single pass at building thunderbird on the local
> SSD to see if any issues trigger?
>
> As a random datapoint I'm building pkgsrc with MAKE_JOBS=9 on an old
> CPU E5-2450L (16 "cpus" as 8+8 I've ), obj on local tmpfs with enough
> memory to fit, and I've not had any issues with thunderbird recently
> ("2023")

Totally fair to suggest local building.

I just ran a build with work on a USB3 ssd, and with MAKE_JOBS=8, got a
failure, but re-running make was ok.

So I suspect some issue with thunderbird/-j.  Maybe I'll figure it out,
maybe not.

I will also try a filesystem tester fromm xfs that I heard about,
apparently not in pkgsrc.   Other benchmark/tester suggestions welcome.