Re: Issues with X in NetBSD-current

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023, Brett Lymn wrote:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/blymn/dmesg.capture-errors

Has anyone any hints I can try?

Looks like PR kern/57440.

I get those same endless "heartbeat" messages if I

a) use any resolution _other than_ 1024x768 in the bootloader.
b) use any font _other than_ the built-in ones (8x16, 16x32) when
   compiling the kernel.

If I leave things at the default, then the modesetting driver works
reasonably OK (it has a tendency to hang if a lot of text is being spewed
on the screen--like with a `find /'--but, that's a problem even on
Linux...).

-RVP