Issues with X in NetBSD-current

Folks,

I updated to -current a couple of weeks ago and I am now having issues with
the builtin X.

I have a fujitsu laptop with an i7-4500U cpu, prior to the update I was
using the i915 acceleration and it was working fine (the version of -current
I was using was postively geriatric though).

Now after updating when I try to start X I just get a blank screen, I cannot
switch consoles to get back to a text console.  The machine is still
running because the machine will shutdown cleanly if I tap the power button.
I normally can't ssh into the laptop only because I use the laptop on the
train and so lack another client.

One thing I have done is capture the dmesg once the screen is hung by
adding a dmesg redirected to a file to the power button powerd script.
I have had a look at the Xorg.log but cannot see anything amiss there.
The full dmesg can be found at:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/blymn/dmesg.capture-errors

Has anyone any hints I can try?

--